Tuesday, February 24, 2009

pumpkin-chocolate chip muffins

Someone on Facebook mentioned that I was waiting for my pumpkin-chocolate chip muffins to cool and I said I would post it here. I love these muffins and am working on getting the recipe exactly the way I want it, so as I reprint the recipe here I will also add the notes I have found so far. I tried to do these in my new Kitchen Aid because I could and I wanted to play with the mixer attachment and it worked pretty well, although I found some spots on the bottom of the bowel that were jsut flour that I had to mix in with the rest of the batter. I am not sure if I didn't mix it long enough (which I was trying to be careful of so I did not overmix the muffins) or if I need to adjust the mixer so that it reaches farther into the bottom of the mixer or if muffins just should not be done in a stand mixer.

Pumpkin-Chocolate Chip Muffins

INGREDIENTS

* 3/4 cup brown sugar
* 1/4 cup vegetable oil
* 2 eggs
* 1 small can of pumpkin (the original recipe calls for only a cup of canned pumpkin, but I really like pumpkin and it didn't seem that pumpkin-y the first time so I upped the amount this time)
* 1/4 cup water
* 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour ( I used white whole wheat this time and it didn't affect the flavor or the density)
* 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
* 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
* ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon (the original recipe calls for 1/2 teaspoons of cinnamon, but GG and I thought it needed a bit more)
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
* 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips

DIRECTIONS

1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F . Grease and flour muffin pan or use paper liners.
2. Mix sugar, oil, eggs. Add pumpkin and water. In separate bowl mix together the baking flour, baking soda, baking powder, spices and salt.. Add wet mixture and stir in chocolate chips.
3. Fill muffin cups 2/3 full with batter. Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes.

No comments: