Monday, January 19, 2009

6 things about me meme

I have been tagged by Little Mary Sunshine and since I usually do the meme, I will do it here, but I will not tag anyone, if you want to do it, go ahead.

The rules are simple. I'm going to share 6 things about me that you probably don't know. Then I'm going to call out a few of my favorite blog buddies and ask them to do the same.

1. I think when I was younger I was more extroverted than I am now. I find myself more introverted and needing time alone to recharge before I have to interact with other people especially larger groups of people.

2. I get people claustrophobic at times. I can't stand being in a bar, restaurant, store or anywhere that I am supposed to be able to move around and not be able to do so. I feel as though the people are getting closer and closer to me and I start to kind of freak out where I need more of my own space. Oddly enough I can be in the metro in DC when I lived there for a summer or in the L here in Chicago during rush hour where you are stuck like sardines in a can and it doesn't bother me at all.

3. I really like to drive in the car and have the music up loud and just sing along. I can't sing worth a damn, but I like to do it anyway. I also will sing in the grocery store to, but much quieter.

4. I can't stand dancing. I think it goes with the whole people claustrophobic thing as places where you dance tend to be crowded. And I have little rhythm and it just bothers me to dance.

5. I have no interest in ever visiting anywhere on the continent of Europe. I could maybe visit Ireland or the Greek Isles, but on the actual land mass there is no where that I really want to visit.

6. When I was a junior in high school, I went through a phase where I was a libertarian. I had an AP American History teacher, that was a Libertarian and the ideas seemed to make sense to me at the time. My parents were understanding enough and did not even attempt to kick me out of the house, although I am sure it drove them crazy. I have grown out of this phase and am now just your usual radical liberal.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Josh-
You and Rick have so much in common it is unbelievable. Same views as to crowds, etc. Don't worry about it, I think it is a sign of a person who is very choosey about what and who he or she wants to interact with. I also think that there a lot of people like this in the world.
Shirley