Sunday, January 11, 2009

Return to Hundred Acres Woods

For those of you who have children or if you remember your childhood well, you may remember that the Hundred Acre Woods is where Winnie the Pooh and his friends lived. Well, it has been eighty years since A.A. Milne first introduced the world to a bear of little brain and who loved honey in Winnie the Pooh. He followed up this book with The House at Pooh Corner, now there there will be a third book about Pooh, Tigger, Piglet, Owl, Rabbit, Roo, Kanga, Eyeore and Christopher Robin. It is being written by David Benedictus since A.A. Milne and the illustrator for the stories E. H. Shepard have both passed away. This book is the first book that has been approved by the Mile and the Shepard estates for publication since the first two books.

I am mildly excited by this new book. I have always really liked Winnie the Pooh and kind of think of my self as Pooh like. I have a bit of fluff and I am a bear of little brain sometimes. I am not going to get this book the first day or week or maybe month it is out or at least not rush out to go get it, but I will get it at some point. Although, it is supposed to come out in October and that is my natal month and it would make a good birthday present for me, just sayin'. There is more about the new book and a brief introduction by the author to the new book in this article. I will leave you with the Loggins and Messina song, House at Pooh Corner.

2 comments:

Mauigirl said...

I was brought up on Winnie the Pooh. My husband and I even went to the British Library and looked at the original drawings by Shepard which they have there by request, when we were in England a few years ago because I thought it would be really neat to see the drawings he drew by hand - and it was.

Thanks for alerting me to this new book! I hope it lives up to the originals!

I've never liked the animated Disney cartoon versions they've had. Just not the same!

Comrade Kevin said...

If you're Pooh, I'm Eeyore.