Monday, March 10, 2008

Travelin' Pt.1

Since I am travelin' this weekend and am excited about this. I will probably have at least one post a day about my destination, well maybe one a day. I know I have at least two posts, not sure what will happen after those two. So here goes.

This was my team when I was younger from the mid-1980s till when I graduated from high school. After that, I just gave up on the NBA.

This is the team of players and introduction I remember, it even kind of gives me goose bumps still to hear these players' names.


Chicago Bulls 1992 introduction

And the introduction from the year I graduated high school.

Chicago Bulls 1997 introduction

I had to just look that up, but the first one is from the second championship run and the last one is from the fifth championship run. Now those were the years, for me, and the NBA, I have not been able to really get into it since that team was dismantled by Jerry Krause and yes I still harbor animosity toward Krause for getting rid of the Phil Jackson and for dismantling that team.

2 comments:

Little Merry Sunshine said...

Ahhhhhh . . . those took me back! And gave me goosebumps just like it was happening all over again.

In 1992, the Bulls celebrated their 2nd championship in Grant Park on my 21st birthday. Needless to say, it was a GREAT birthday. Just 100,000 of my closest friends and me in Grant Park having a huge party. That was for me, right?

1998 was the 6th championship celebration again on my birthday in Grant Park. That year, I flew in from Washington DC to be there. It was awesome, to say the least.

I missed the parties in the middle because I was in living in DC, but my love for the Bulls made my friends insane. I completely scheduled my world around playoff games and other important games throughout the seasons.

Absolutely, it's all Jerry Krause's fault. I agree 100%.

The NBA hasn't been the same since 1998.

Thanks for the great trip down memory lane.

Comrade Kevin said...

Heh. I graduated in 1999.

Takes me back.