Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I voted today



I voted today, it was so easy. GG and I watched the local news out of Chicago and they were talking about 2 hour waits, she went at around 8 and I went around 10 and neither of us had to wait at all. We both were able to just walk in and vote. It really was great to not have to wait in any line. As I put my paper ballot in the computer, I saw that I was the 175th person to vote on that machine. The highlight for me was that as I was waiting to check in to vote there was a women in front of me with her grandson. It is always great to see that kids are seeing how important it is to vote and do our civic duty.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay for you! I used to love to take the kids with me when I voted. It was a huge deal to them. Today they slept in while I went to vote. Time marches on.