Wednesday, February 4, 2009

When was the last time we saw this

"I screwed up" Obama says.

When was the last time our national leader admitted that he made a mistake? Oh yeah, at least eight years ago. I am not saying that Obama is perfect or that he hasn't royally fucked up considering he has nominated three different people for different cabinet positions who have had tax issues, but at least he admits that he makes mistakes and that is refreshing. Maybe there is some change going on although definitely not enough yet.

3 comments:

Mauigirl said...

I agree. Even though there are other things I want him to change (getting rid of rendition completely, etc.) and I wish he didn't have ANY nominees who had tax problems, I am heartened to have a president who actually admits when he's goofed. What a refreshing change.

Brave Sir Robin said...

Well, it's been at least 8 years, that's for sure.

:)

Anonymous said...

Ummmm --- perhaps more than 8 years. Did Bill Clinton ever say he was wrong - womanizer that he is??

Boxer's Mom