Thursday, June 25, 2009

Reza Aslan and Iran

Iran is in the news constantly these days as we all know and yet I feel like there are gaps in the understanding of Iranian politics and what this revolution really is about. It is no longer about an election it is about much more than that. I have now seen two different interviews with Reza Aslan, a commentator for The Daily Beast, which really helps me to understand what is going on in Iran and some of the realities of the lack of influence the U.S can and does have in Iran. I know several Republicans including McCain have called for more action from President Obama and yet that seems counterproductive in a country and region where there is so much hostility toward us. These interviews are also with two of my favorite interviewers and news people, Jon Stewart and Rachel Maddow. I am choosing to show both interviews in case you have not seen one or both of them. Also, I think that each interviews adds to and expands Aslan's thoughts and ideas on Iran.

First, Rachel Maddow's piece about Iran including the interview with Aslan.



Now for the slightly longer interview with Aslan from The Daily Show with Jon Stewart.

The Daily Show With Jon StewartMon - Thurs 11p / 10c
Reza Aslan
thedailyshow.com
Daily Show
Full Episodes
Political HumorJason Jones in Iran

No comments: