Monday, June 25, 2007

Farmers market

I was very excited to find the farmers market in the area that I just moved to. This relates back to a post I made earlier about the evils of the corporate farming system. It also relates to a post that was made by the Cunning Runt about what is now put into our milk by Monsanto. The farmers market gives me the opportunity to find milk, bread, eggs and especially vegetables and fruits that are locally grown and hence support the local farmers. I also think that the service and relationships that can be gained in regularly going to farmer's markets are much more personal and stronger than those that are attained by going to the local megamart. I can also fine local wines which although I am not a huge wine drinker, when I do drink wine I prefer to know that the grapes were grown locally and the processing was done locally as well. Now all I have to do is find a local brewery and I will be all set.

2 comments:

FriĆ°vin said...

Hey, I just saw your comment to Phydeaux and clicked your homepage. Lo and behold, I'm on your blogroll! Gracias!

Check out my Monday Garden Blog!

Anonymous said...

Boxer Rebel -

Nice place you have here.

Have you looked into Community Supported Agriculture (CSAs) -- in effect, you buy a share of a farm, but instead of collecting dividends, you get a weekly box of produce.

Thanks for linking to MPS; I'm putting you on my blogroll.

Regards,

Tengrain