Sunday, June 17, 2007

Senseless loss

I heard about this at my part time job a the local Y. Here was a teenager we all knew because he was always at the Y and he was shot last night. As you can see from this story, the details are still sketchy. All that seems to be known is that he snuck out sometime after 11 PM and was taken to the hospital around 3 AM with a gunshot wound. It was one of those times where it seemed all of the staff who came in asked, "Have you heard about Preston?" I even had a member or two who asked if we knew anymore about what had happened because their kids played basketball with Preston at the Y. It is so sad and yet again confirms my strong belief in gun control. It just scares me. He seemed like such a good kid and yet he was shot late at night when he was supposed to be at home.

No comments: