Tuesday, September 25, 2007

He cooks too

So since all the cool kids (thecunningrunt and Dr. Monkey) are doing it and DCup has even threatened/promised a post about her dinner, I thought I would jump on the bandwagon and post my dinner. I had tilapia, steamed green beans and a sweet potato. The tilapia was marinated in this sauce, .

Yes, Papa Hemingway is now making marinade. Apparently he was good with the sauce and not just alcohol. Anyway, it is a pretty good marinade, normally I would just use garlic and sesame oil on the tilapia, but this time I decided to use a marinade instead. Here are the steamed green beans before their time in the sauna.



Here they are after


Here is the final product.


That is a white sweet potato, I found it at the farmers market and it was pretty good. Yes, it is sitting on a place mat on a table and no, I didn't eat there. I never use my table as I never have company, but it looks nice and it worked well to set up my dinner shots tonight.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmmmmmmm, BR, looks great!

Yeah, I eat at the 'puterbox more often than I should, but the table is the repository of all my mail/bills/Notes-To-Self. Now that The Progeny are both off to college, seems silly to sit at the table when I could be doing this!

Fran said...

Eating at a table? What a clever notion that is!

You clearly have alternative careers as both cook and food stylist.

Yum. I won't be back from Spain til 10/5 but feel free to extend dinner invitations!!

GourmetGoddess said...

Very nice photos. I must say I never post pictures of what I cook, despite repeated pleas. But I don't have intenet access at home and, frankly, it is a pain to bring the pics into work and then upload them here.

You know what would be good on your tilapia? Make a mixture of diced lemon rind, lemon juice, Italian parsley, and garlic. Make a little pocket in the fish and stuff the mixture in and then steam......

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

Man that looks good. I love white sweet potatoes. Thanks for posting!

Whiskeymarie said...

That reminds me- I haven't posted dinner pix in a while...
Looks delicious! And suspiciously healthy.

Anonymous said...

It wasn't a threat, it was a promise!

I'll be writing about powdered donuts and coke very, very soon.