Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Hello...

Hello, My name is the Boxer Rebel and I suck at Math. I am stealing this video from FranIAm because it is so funny. I also concur with her that I have to wished to have had a better math teacher in high school. I even had to take a basic math class in college that really seemed worthless and did not help my seeming dislike of math, but as I have gotten older, I have also gotten better at math at least the stuff that I need for my life like how much to give for a tip and some basic adding and such in my head, stuff I couldn't do when I was younger. I guess I was just a late bloomer when it came to math.

Here is possibly one of the greatest math videos I have ever seen and the kid in the video makes it.

4 comments:

Little Merry Sunshine said...

I'm sorry you dislike math so much. However, if you'd gone to Lake Forest College and had the privilege of having Dr. Jill Van Newenhizen, you would LOVE math. I love math and loved her classes. She even made us write a paper! In all seriousness, she was the best professor or teacher I ever had.

P.S. The video isn't working.

joshhill1021 said...

LMS- The video is working for me. I am sorry it is not working for you, it is really funny. That is good to hear that you had a great math teacher, I wish I had had one.

GourmetGoddess said...

Dr. J rocks. I took a philosophy of math course with her, where I discovered my love for symbolic logic.

I sadly discovered that I liked math and was good at it too late to really do anything about it. My high school had only basic math. Highest it went was trig. And I developed a weird little math phobia as a result, thinking I could not possibly do college level math because of a lack of prep. I had similar reactions to history. My history in high school was absent or terrible and as a result I never took history until I was in grad school. I regret to this day that I didn't major in history in college.

But I can do math, and I use math every day in my job and really every day since I started working full-time. Not advanced math, like calculus, no. But math and problem solving and logic, yes. I also use histroy a lot, as well. Not in terms of having memorized a million facts, but understanding how strands of happenings work together.

Fran said...

Glad that you shared this on your corner of the blogosphere!