Sunday, March 1, 2009

I love cover songs

I have this thing for cover songs, ya know when a band covers a song from another band or individual. I have made whole CDs from just cover songs and so every once in a while I try to find new covers and Youtube has made this immensely easier. I especially love when the band doing the cover is in a whole different genre or really takes a song and by the virtue of how they play the song it gives it a whole new meaning.

This was the song that made me start to think about this post. I had a sample from the orignal version and thought how about how much I love this cover.

My Humps- covered by Alanis Morissette

And then there is this one, that I found at one pointa while ago and was able to put on a CD.

Baby, hit me one more time- covered by Travis

And this one I just found and opposed to the first two songs, I actually like the original song that this cover is based upon.

I kissed a girl- covered by Travis

No comments: