Saturday, November 17, 2007

I think I am an addict...

I think I am a blog addict. I have started to view life in terms of if I will write about it here or how to turn what I see into a blog post. I actually have had several times where I really wanted to take the thoughts out of my head and then just be able to post them straight away. I am normally somewhere with no computer and no way to record my thoughts, such as the desire that I have, to one day figure out a way to blog the thoughts that go through my head as I walk around Target or any other large store, although it is usually Target. This would probably not make a great post and would be very random and, of course, stream of consciousness, but I also think it would be interesting. There are times as the thoughts flow that I think I want to blog this purely because there is more here than the surface and if I could put it down then I could comment on it or just have a laugh over it. Most of the time I have no interest of going straight from brain to "paper" as this would make horrible posts and I believe probably scare most people away as I am very random and moody.

I also have a lot of the thoughts about what to post either walking my dog or hanging out with preschoolers and there are times that I want to go from brain to "paper", but can't. There also seems to be a taboo about walking around with a tape recorder, recording my every thought as this requires me to be talking to myself for long periods of time, ya get strange looks from people when you talk to yourself, dontcha know. But I had this great thought process on the power of language, listening to someone's words and rape while watching kids out on the playground and of course it is lost by the time I got home. So I was thinking about it again as I was doing errands today and the post went in a different direction about the power of language in more broad respects in addition to rape, but again that whole thought was lost. So I am hoping that sometime this weekend, I will actually be able to resurrect this thought process and give you a well thought out or sort of well thought out post on the power of language.

I also have found myself dreaming about blogging. Friday morning as I was waking up, I woke up to a dream where I was reading blogs or at least I think that is what I was doing. It was definitely blog related and many of the people from my blogroll were there, but since I have no idea what most of you look like you were played by your blogs or something like that. Anyway, blogging has taken over my brain and has begun to cost me sleep and altered my routine, isn't that basically the definition of an addiction, it alters your life.

I am sure many of you share my addiction, so I just wanted to be able to stand up and say, "Hi, my name is Boxer and I am addicted to blogging."

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I am not admitting to anything. I have to go do something.

Anonymous said...

And you wonder why I post so much?

Regards,

Tengrain

Fran said...

I hear you my man. It is a strange situation, but after so many years of holding back my words and not writing, I often think about all these things that could be posts.

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

Hi. My name is Dr. Monkey and I'm a blog addict too.