Ok so this time Mathman meme'd me, so here goes.
1. I grew up in PA, went to UNC-Asheville for my freshman year, moved to DE and finished my undergrad and then moved back to NC after an additional two years in DE. There is of course more to this story and of course it involves a girl, and it will be blogged about as I have been thinking about it for over a month now.
2. I played the clarinet in middle school and for short time in high school.
3. I was on the swim team from 5th grade till after my freshman year in high school.
4. My first "job" although I didn't get paid for it was working in the mornings for a summer at a horse farm.
5. My first real job was as a lifeguard and swim instructor all through high school. I still love to teach swimming and if I thought I could make enough money doing that, would probably want to do it full time.
6. I don't really like NYC and love DC. Although to be fair, I have not been to NYC since I was in high school and spent a summer in DC while I was in college.
7. I am thinking of getting a tattoo when I turn thirty next year.
8. I was the fairy godperson (it was supposed to be a fairy godmother, but because of my gender we did make it a a fairy godperson) in a version of Cinderella Wore Combat Boots in high school where I got to wear a tutu.
9. To add to the whole gender bending thing, during most of my freshman and sophomore years of college I painted my finger nails a variety of colors from green to blue to silver to a color that depending on the light was either maroon or a deep purple (my girlfriend at the time would not let me paint them black). I miss painting my finger nails sometimes as it was mildly relaxing and mindless, but I don't think that I should show up to work with painted finger nails.
10. I want to move to a Buddhist monastery at some point in my life for a period of time still to be determined.
I have no idea who to tag as I think that everyone I would tag has already done this and recently so if you see this and want to take it and run, then do it, just let me know that you are doing so. If no one does do it, then oh well.