Sunday, July 29, 2007

Did ya know?

Did ya know there is a World Series of Video Games? I discovered this while waiting for an oil change. Not only is there a World Series, but apparently CBS is televising it. Now I understand that there are many people who like to play video games and that there is even some skill, maybe, in being able to play some of these games well, but I am not sure there needs to be a World Series and I don't think it needs to be televised. I like to play games sometimes and when you are playing it is a lot of fun and even addicting, but watching someone else play has never seemed that interesting to me. Maybe I am too old, but I am not even sure about that as I am part of the generation that grew up on Nintendo and all of the video game systems. I just don't understand.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

A video game World Series does seem kind of silly but some of these guys take it very seriously. Obivously, there must be some money behind it from the game companies.

I imagine that telling your peers you were in the Video Game World Series would be like the real World Series for them.

Last semester at my school the club I sponsor (the geeks and freaks club) held a video game tournament. We are now going to sponsor a small scholarship from the money earned.

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

I know just what you mean. I feel the same way about poker and blackjack on TV.