1. I was calling Time Warner Cable because I was having issues with my high speed internet and their 1-888 number was busy. How is an automated customer service line busy? It makes no sense. I did finally get through and the women was very helpful. Apparently, yesterday when I called and my phone died and I could no call back, the guy scheduled a technician to visit me tomorrow between 1-5. This did not work for me because I have to work, but this customer service rep was helpful and rescheduled my appointment for Saturday. There were a few other times this week, but they were all when I had to work, so I have to wait till Saturday.
2. So then if my high speed is not working, how am I online? Well, I am borrowing the wireless from an unknown neighbor. I kind of feel bad about using someone else's wireless without their knowledge, but if you don't want anyone on it, then use some security. When my wireless is working, I have it set for WPA.
3. If you have not seen this post at Feministe, you have to go see it. This is the reason that we need universal healthcare.
4. I have just received Happiness, so a movie review is coming soon, I hope. This is for those of you who told be I had to see this after my talking about my review of Welcome to the Dollhouse.
5. I just found out that Jim Neal, who is running against Elizabeth Dole for her Senate seat here in NC, is openly gay. This now means he will not win, as we are very much like Iran in this regard ( I am sure in more than this regard as well) as there are no gays in NC. This is the land of Billy Graham and Jesse Helms, unfortunately Neal will probably not win now that he has admitted that he is gay. Dole will now attack, attack, attack this point and the repubs will keep this seat. But I will be voting for him and want to support him as much as I can.
6. The World Series starts tomorrow. Go BoSox defeat the Christians!! This must be the goal of Jewkilis (1st baseman Kevin Youkilis). Also, will Schilling really pitch well against them? And if he does, does that mean he will not be a good conservative Christian?
7. I anticipate a book review of A Thousand Splendid Suns as I should finish it tonight or tomorrow, so you can look forward to that. Just in case you do not know about the book A Thousand Splendid Suns, it is by the same author as The Kite Runner, Khaled Hosseini.
Back to paying attention to the Penguins playing against the Rangers.