Sunday, January 6, 2008

Dinner Adventure

I haven't done a post in a long time about me cooking so I decided tonight was a good time to do it.

Here is what I made for dinner tonight. Yep I made squid tonight.








Getting into the marinade and then battered.














Look how golden brown and delicious.









The final meal, yep that is calamari on a salad. It was a nice little bag salad I had picked up a while ago and needed to finish off and some tomatoes I decided to add to the salad. Yummy!!

Oh yeah by the way, I had never made calamari before, I love to eat it, but decided to make it myself this time. Now I need to find a recipe that I want to try for octopus and more for squid.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Calamari is like Woody Pecker it is a trouble maker.

Fran said...

Damn- that looks good! I love calamari too, but have never cooked it myself.

GourmetGoddess said...

Calamari on salad, yum yum! Do you pan fry or do you own a deep fryer?

joshhill1021 said...

MM- why do you say that? It is good stuff.

Fran- Yeah I had never tried it before but noticed it in the local fish market and decided to try it.

GG- I had a fry daddy, but got rid of it cause I didn't use it enough. In this instance, I just added a lot of oil to a big pot and did it that way, but I probably should have just pan fried them.

Unknown said...

Well there was this time we ate Calimari and the next thing you know the dancer was born.