I am not dead just MIA. I have missed my little blog here and I have missed reading all of you, but this week it just doesn't seemed to have happened. Things keep coming up or I just don't do it or something. Anyway...I am back and I got meme'd on Monday by Mathman and I figure that is a good way for me to jump back into the pond of bloggging. I am supposed to talk about 5 things I didn't see in my future at the age of 25.
I was 25 from October 21, 2003 to October 20, 2004 so you see it wasn't that long ago and yet there are things that I didn't see in my future. Here are five of them.
1. I didn't know i would have a dog. Well, I knew I wanted a dog at some point but that was one i was grown up and had a house and such. I also thought I would get a Golden Retriever casue that is what I had grown up with or a Rottweiler just casue I think they are cool. And I ended up with a Boxer, yeah not even on my radar.
2. I had just started my Masters in Early Childhood education and didn't really know if I would finish it. I knew I wanted to finish it, but I have this thing where I have issues not living in the present so every educational graduation I have ever been involved in, I have not really been able to see till the day it happened, from high school graduation to undergrad to grad.
3. I really thought I would be a teacher in public schools at this point too and here I am after having done that for two years, and deciding to get out. Now I work at more of a daycare type setting still teaching preschool, but daycare and public school preschool are vastly different.
4. I didn't know I would be living where I am living. Sure I knew after a few months of living in Greensboro, NC that I would want to move to another place, but where I am now I am not sure was where I was thinking. I actually thought I would move farther south like Charleston, SC or Atlanta, GA.
5. I guess I never thought I would still be single for that whole time. I had hopes that I would have a dating life during that point in time. I am not sure if I thought I would be married, but still very single and not really much of a dating life would have surprised me somewhat, especially since I was constantly surrounded by women in many of my grad classes. I really thought I would meet someone either at work or when I was going to classes, but no such luck.
I will tag Gourmet Goddess, BAC and DCup. I apologize if any or all of you have already done this as I seem to be a bit behind on this meme, but I did look and it didn't look like you had done this real recently so either skip or not it is up to you.